wmp stops playing-windows audio service is missing?

theDarkness 22:42 PM 15 Jun 11
Answered

No audio device works anymore. I think the issue was down to recently updating vista, or trying out (uninstalling) RealPlayer. Most likely the latter. Clicking on 'audio' in the control panel, I am given the choice of re-enabling vistas windows audio service, but nothing happens when I choose to do this. The audio control panel shows with speakers etc, all stated as still "working", but I cannot disable or enable anything, and no options are available anymore for individual audio items (eg sound levels). Is there a quick way to re-enable the windows audio service without restoring the system?

northumbria61 23:29 PM 15 Jun 11
Answer
  theDarkness 23:53 PM 15 Jun 11

thanks-I found out in the end that all I had to do was re-activate the 'multimedia class scheduler' service, and then activate 'windows audio' service, from here. Im hoping that all the most necessary windows services are up and running-but Im not sure as to how why the class scheduler service could be disabled by an uninstallation (eg of realplayer, if it really could have caused the issue)..!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites