WMP misbehaving after codec pack added

dagbladet 10:32 11 Nov 06

After seeing a codec pack recommended, I downloaded and installed it. Since then any musis or podcast's that have been downloaded play at double speed. Music backed up from CD's are unaffected. I've uninstalled the codec pack but it makes no difference.

XP, WMP 10, 512mb, on-board sound.

terryf 10:34 11 Nov 06

system restore to before codec install?

dagbladet 10:38 11 Nov 06

Possible terryf only it's been that long I've no idea when that was. Anything between 3-6 months ago.

Stuartli 11:16 11 Nov 06

If you go to WMP's View>Enhancements>Play Speed Settings you should be able to halve the speed (in fact it might just be incorrectly configured).

Re System Restore, if you can go back far enough then any installations, uninstallations or changes should be recorded in the right hand panel and it will make it easier to trace.

dagbladet 21:39 11 Nov 06

OK have been trying various things. System restore to pre codec pack didn't work. Roll back to previous version of WMP didn't work, uninstall and re-install WMP 10 didn't work. Just to clarify The 90odd% of music files that were ripped from CD are fine. The remaining 10% are files that were downloaded, which used to work fine, now play at fast speed. Have checked the settings in WMP, they are fine. Update. ALL files play fine in Real player, but the kids don't like Real player.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…