WMP 9 not configured for internet

bigdamouk 02:45 28 Feb 03

hi,
ive just reinstalled my windows ME, and downloaded all the updates via microsoft, including Windows Media Player 9, which i used for the Radio.

Now when i start it up and click on radio, it comes up "not configured for the internet, please make sure you are connected to the internet" (or something to that effect).

How can i configure it???

Ive had a look in the WMP 9 menus but cant see anything.

Any ideas?
Regards
Damo

« Ravin » 04:19 28 Feb 03

is this of any help ?

click here

« Ravin » 04:21 28 Feb 03

The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows Media Player for Windows XP Home Edition

Microsoft Windows Media Player for Windows XP Professional

Microsoft Windows Media Player 7.1

Microsoft Windows Media Player 7

This article was previously published under Q265494

SYMPTOMS

When you first run Windows Media Player and use the Media Guide feature, you may receive the following error message:

Windows Media Player is not configured for the Internet. Before you can use the Media Guide or Radio Tuner features, you must be connected to the internet. To connect to the Internet, run the Internet Connection Wizard and try again.

This may occur even if your computer is connected to, or is preconfigured to connect to the Internet.

CAUSE
This behavior can occur if you have not completed the Internet Connection Wizard.

RESOLUTION

To resolve this behavior, quit Windows Media Player and then run the Internet Connection Wizard.

MORE INFORMATION
After you run the Internet Connection Wizard, the completed binary value is changed from 00 to 01 in the following registry key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard

Last Reviewed: 8/6/2002
Keywords: kberrmsg kbprb KB265494

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…