WMP 11 playback issues.

nick_j007 12:58 31 Dec 06

Hi all,

I expect you're all feeling refreshed for the break, and lively after all the food and drink ;-)

Here's my issue. When I go to WMP 11 and go to the DVD tab under options I get an error message saying it has to close. Error details mention Modname: cinemaudiodvdadv.dll, AppVer:11.0.5721.5145, ModVer:2.8.6.3306 Offset 0000be6a...make what you can of that.

I have googled for cinemaudiodvd etc. to little avail.

This exact message will be reproduced if I try to play a DVD using this s'ware. Shame as I have all my Cd's in the library, and like the new 11 look and would use it solely in an ideal world. I can use Nero for no so not end of world.

Your thoughts as always are most welcome.

Cheers.

Nick

rawprawn 13:05 31 Dec 06

Have you tried an uninstall, and then redownload
and reinstall. It's possible that the original download became corrupted

nick_j007 13:08 31 Dec 06

Hi and thanks.
Not my preferred approach as I spent a bit of time sorting custom icons for album art, adjusting genre's etc. would they be still there anyway after a reinstall?

Thanks.

Nick

rawprawn 13:39 31 Dec 06

No I think you would lose all that work, because my suggestion would start from scratch. it just strikes me that if there is something basic not workin there is a corrupt file. You could try reinstalling on top which shouldn't lose any of the settings.

nick_j007 13:41 31 Dec 06

Yes, on top might be the way to go.

I see though that my music in my docs is showing all the art work, so it should remain anyway, though I'm not 100% sure.

I shall keep googling on other details in the error I listed and see if I find something there.

Cheers.

nick_j007 15:13 01 Jan 07

Just wanted to put this out there again before I reinstall WMP 11 as I am anxious that I will loose album art covers and genre settings etc if I reinstall.

If anyone has any new thoughts re my original question I would be grateful.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL.

Nick

nick_j007 12:28 11 Jan 07

Presumably I could try a reinstall, and if I lose all my old settings I could revert to a restore point ok?

Nick

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now