WMP 11 install impossible

rodriguez 23:02 28 Mar 07

Just tried to install Media Player 11 - it won't. It says it needs "Update Rollup 2" - fair enough, so I download Update Rollup 2. When I try to install this, it says it can't because it needs .NET Framework 1.1 (I already have .NET Framework 2 and 3). So I download .NET Framework 1.1 and when I try to install it, it just gets stuck at the end where it says "Registering System.EnterpriseServices.dll" and won't go any further. How can I finally get WMP installed? Is it supposed to be this complicated to install?

rodriguez 23:04 28 Mar 07

Oh I forgot - my version of Windows is Media Centre 2005, I think this is the only version that needs that stupid Rollup 2 update that is impossible to install.

woodchip 23:04 28 Mar 07

That's what MS software is like

rodriguez 23:07 28 Mar 07

Yep don't I know it - normally though I can work backwards and install what it wants eventually, but this is just getting nowhere.

Diversion 00:06 29 Mar 07

If it's like XP the .Net Framework 1.1 is on the installation disk under Perform Additional Tasks, and it's down at the bottom of the list but that's on XP. Maybe your disk is the same.

birdface 12:07 29 Mar 07

If you cant get WMP installed,This is a very good one and will play most types of DVD's . click here

provider 2 12:17 29 Mar 07

Have you checked this out? click here

rodriguez 15:37 29 Mar 07

I think I'm starting to win, .NET Framework 1.1 eventually installed after I left it for about half an hour now I've just got to put the Rollup Update 2 on. I think there is light at the end of the tunnel, however I'm half expecting to find out it's someone stood half way down with a torch. :-P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5