WMP 10 won't detect my DVD burner

glynda 20:57 08 Sep 05

I would like to use WMP 10 to burn some CD'S or DVD's but it does not detect my DVD burner saying that I should press F5 to refresh but nothing happens.
The burner is a Sony and works with all other programmes

Help please!

sinbad1 21:14 08 Sep 05

have a look in options/devices see if its there if not add

Stuartli 21:31 08 Sep 05

WMP's Tools>Options<Devices>highlight the drive(s)>Properties>Recording tab>Enable Recording on this drive.

glynda 19:12 09 Sep 05

The drive is in the tools- devices section of WMP but there is no recording tab when I click on properties only audio

Stuartli 23:43 09 Sep 05

You should have Audio, Recording and Quality tabs.

glynda 10:38 10 Sep 05

Thanks for your help . . . I've double checked and there is just an audio tab with playback and audio boxes - Should I uninstall WMP 10 and then reinstall it

glynda 10:40 10 Sep 05

Should have said . . . just an audio tab with playback and rip boxes

Stuartli 10:57 10 Sep 05

You can't uninstall WMP10. Check out the FAQs:

click here

click here

click here

If none of these help, perhaps downloading the latest version of WMP10 from the Microsoft website might provide the solution.

glynda 14:03 10 Sep 05

Thanks again . . . Clicked on the links but no luck - checked in the marketplace that my device is compatible with XP Home and it is . . . why wouldn't I have a recording or quality tab in the devices section you mentioned before

ACOLYTE 14:13 10 Sep 05

Does windows recognise the drive as a dvd burner,and not a standared dvd rom drive?

Fellsider 14:20 10 Sep 05

Have you got the DVD element? (This AFAIK does not come as standard with MP10).

Look at click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…