WMP 10 prevents access to internet radio package

Keyhole 22:21 18 Apr 05

I used to be able to listen to streamed radio and audio via click here (and other international radio stations not available on Media Player) but since installing Windows Media Player 10 I can't do this.
Is there any way of changing Media Player 10 settings to allow streaming from this and other sources?

Yoda Knight 11:24 19 Apr 05

try using a different player as your default.

winamp: click here

Stuartli 13:42 19 Apr 05

You don't need a different player - go to WMP's Tools>Options>Privacy tab and Enable Update Music files etc.

You may also need to tick the box above (Display Media Information etc).

I had to do this originally after installing WMP10 to allow album information to be downloaded, whereas in earlier versions it proved no problem.

Keyhole 20:42 19 Apr 05

Stuartli,

Both boxes were already ticked....

Stuartli 21:07 19 Apr 05

Have you altered/amended IE Security, Privacy and/or cookies configuration recently?

WMP 10 uses them just as is the case with OE.

Keyhole 22:06 19 Apr 05

When installing WMP 10/MSN Music Store I may have changed an ActiveX setting when prompted during the installation. Otherwise, I haven't changed anything, although I did instal Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch recently.

Stuartli 10:23 20 Apr 05

Might be worth a look at the WMP support on the MS website:

click here

Keyhole 20:35 20 Apr 05

Your suggestion that I may have amended IE Security etc prompted me to check Ad-Watch - I found its pop-up stopper was the cause, so, problem solved. Thanks for the tip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…