WMP 10 - plays OK first time then very slowly

as400man 12:45 20 Sep 05

When I play a Microsoft HD clip, the first time it works perfectly. When I try to play another clip, it slows to a crawl. When I put the PC into standby and then re-start, the clip plays perfectly. During the first play about 50% CPU is being used but for the second play it hits 100%. It seems as if some resources have not been released from the fisrt play so it struggles subsequently. Any ideas?
Regards,
Chris

PC Bilbo 13:21 20 Sep 05

I have seen this sympton when using WMP with visualisations on my spare computer( you don't actually say this was on but i wondered).Also, how much memory are you using and do you have a separate graphics card or on- board graphics?

If you have on-board graphics say sharing 256MB total memory, and visualisations switched on, after a while it will come to almost a standstill as this is vey memory intensive.I found adding more memory cured things.

as400man 18:55 20 Sep 05

I have 768 Mb DDR ram and a modern 64K graphics card in my nearly new laptop. I do not understand why it works perfectly first time, fails the next time and then I have to go into standby and re-start and everything is OK again.
It's as if it is filling a buffer and not emptying it. I have 1152Mb of paged memory so I doubt it's that. Thanks for taking an interest.
Chris

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…