WMA to portable device

slaps 12:53 21 May 07

I have just purchased a SONY NW-S205F (MP3 player) and I want to download music from my laptop to this using Windows Media Player (on VISTA). Pleae can you tell me how I do this and in what format (and is the player compatible)?? Thanks.

missingit 19:01 21 May 07

Just had a look at the manual.Seems straight forward enough.

Once you have installed the software that came with the player:

Double click the icon on your desktop.

Connect your player to your PC with the usb cable.

Place your mouse pointer over transfer and select ATRAC Audio device.

Browse to your music files.

I notice you have a choice of formats for this player. mp3, wma and Soy's own ATRAC of which I know nothing.

Select what you want and then click on the arrow to transfer your music.

missingit 19:02 21 May 07

Soy's = Sony's

slaps 09:04 22 May 07

Sorry...I've tried this but all I get is a message box stating "unbale to transfer due to tansfer rate being zero". Does this mean that the files (tracks/music) are DRM encoded by Windows Media Player in some way so that I am unable to copy (rip)??

missingit 17:49 22 May 07

Are you trying to transfer you tracks from your My Music folder.

If so what format are they? (mp3/wma)

Another way you might try is to plug your player into your PC.
Go to your music folder.
Right click your track/s and send them to your player which should show up in my computer.

slaps 07:51 23 May 07

Yes...they are saved in my music folder. But will they copy to the player if they are in WMA format?? I understand these are DRM protected when they are downloaded to the hard drive with Windows Media Player.

missingit 18:50 23 May 07

Where are you downloading your music from?
and have a look here,this might help.
click here

slaps 07:36 24 May 07

I'm dowloading my CD collection onto the hard drive and are tryng to copy (rip) to my MPS Player (SONY). I used Mediacoder last night to convert WMA files to MP3 as my sony doesn't support WMA protected files. Now I get an error on the sony saying 'NO Database'. Does it need formatting? If so, how can I do it i.e thorugh Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer?

missingit 16:26 24 May 07

Have a look at page 16 of the user manual,that tells you how to format your player.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…