WMA files to mp3

hawthorn59 03:27 03 Feb 07

I joined Eircom music club and only tonight have I actually purchased a track for the first time. It will play in Media Player but I want to convert it to mp3 for iTunes so i can burn a compilation cd. iTunes cant convert it as it is protected by Windows DRM.

Is there no way around this? I know I should email the help section of the club but i just think you folks here will be quicker and better!!

thanks

h

spacecadet 03:36 03 Feb 07

try this click here

spacecadet 03:38 03 Feb 07

or this click here

SLAYER 07:06 03 Feb 07

This is qute good.
click here

SLAYER 07:06 03 Feb 07

Sorry typo. quite.

muddypaws 09:13 03 Feb 07

If you want to convert within WMP go to:
Tools/options/rip music
Use the drop down to select mp3.
It will then remain mp3 in WMP.
Any help?

hawthorn59 16:55 03 Feb 07

Well Im no further on. i tried the programs you all gave me. The one on Computer Active website isnt actually there when i go to download it.

The other two; NBX Audio Converter, when I try to add the track simply says "failed to add files".

And the Jodix programme says it cant read it because I need to upgrade my DirectX to 8.1 ?????

h

surfmonkey #:@}© 17:19 03 Feb 07

jodex is good i use it
just update you direct x to 9.0c from microsoft.co.uk click here

ashdav 20:25 03 Feb 07

click here
coverts any media format to any other and it's free.
Download is at the bottom of the page.

Diversion 21:32 03 Feb 07

This is on free trial click here

hawthorn59 03:20 04 Feb 07

Ok i will try these tomorrow and thanks, all.
But I think it might be because of the DRM protection, maybe none of them will do it.

The main problem is I mainly use iTunes as my media player and to organize my music.Therefore I cant do a compilation cd of music in my iTunes library, and music in Media Library (somgs I buy from the club). If instead i decided to use Media Player for all, and import my iTunes library, will the files from the iTunes library be in mp3 format? If so how can I burn a cd of mp3s and wma files...I presume I cant.

I have a feeling the only way I can manage is to keep all my music club downloads in WMP and everything else in iTunes.

Does this mean that anything that is protected by DRM can NOT be burned to mp3 players? Is this not a bit crazy?

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…