W.M Player. Device not detected

9545 14:45 01 Mar 03

When I try to copy from hard drive to CD I get the above message. I have a CDR/RW installed and my Contol Panel tells me it is working properly.
How can I record to disc without connecting a portable device?

MAJ 15:09 01 Mar 03

A little more info required, 9545. Which Operating System are you using? Which burning software are you using? How exactly are you trying to burn the files to CD? What kind of files are they? What is the make and model of your rewriter? Other than Windows Media Player, does W.M Player mean anything to you e.g. is it the name of your rewriter? Is your rewriter detected in your burning software?

Bet you're nearly sorry you asked now, 9545.

9545 17:25 01 Mar 03

Hi MAJ,Thanks for your interest. My OS is Windows XP Home, the CD/RW is a Matshita CD-RW CW-8121.The driver is Microsoft 5.1.2535.0. and is showing enabled & working properly. I notice that the location is shown as 0, does the affect anything? I have also tried to copy a Word doc. to disc via D:\\ but no access - see administrator ! but that's me. I have copied a precorded CD to Windows Media Player and now want to copy to a CD/RW disc. When I click on Copy to CD or portable device, I get the heading no device detected. The CD/RW came built in on a Time Traveller Laptop new.I wont be sorry if you solve my problem Thanks

Stuartli 22:00 01 Mar 03

I have WMP9 for Win98SE - in Tools>Options>Devices my D and E drives (DVD-ROM and rewriter) and speakers are correctly listed.

However, clicking on Properties for the DVD-ROM drive brings up the message it is the rewriter and vice-versa for the rewriter....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…