wl_hook..dll

chippy+ 22:06 30 Jan 06

Hi I have a file left over from outpost firewall called wl_hook.dll the file is in the event viewer I have tried to delete it but it is being used how can I get rid of it. thanks again Chippy

VoG II 22:09 30 Jan 06

Try this click here

chippy+ 22:54 30 Jan 06

Hi VoG the unblocker got rid of the dll but the event viewer now says that that boot-start or system-start driver failed to load VFILT
Chippy

VoG II 18:30 31 Jan 06

It seems to me that Outpost is still trying to load click here

I would reinstall Outpost then try uninstalling it again.

chippy+ 22:01 31 Jan 06

Hi VoG sorry about the delay in replying i went into device managers hidden devices and found entries relating to outpost firewall:
outpost firewall kernel driver
ditto plugin ADBLOCK.DLL ARP.DLL CONTENT.DLL FTPFILT.DLL HTMFILT.DLL HTTPFILT.DLL IMAPFILT.DLL MAILFILT.DLL NNTPFILT.DLL POP3FILT.DLL PROTECT.DLL SECRET.DLL all of these entries are plugins and give the option of disable enable and uninstall should I uninstall all of these items as i no longer have outpost installed the kernell driver has a exclamation mark Cheers Chippy

VoG II 22:03 31 Jan 06

How did you uninstall Outpost?

chippy+ 22:27 31 Jan 06

hi VoG
I uninstalled using add and remove then went into c\programs files and search but it seams to leave items in device manager i was going to reinstall and install again but i have zone alarm installed and my network setup again and dont want to upset it by reinstalling outpost thanks Chippy

woodchip 22:56 31 Jan 06

Try this, In Run Type regedit press enter, go to Menu under Edit click find type outpost firewall Delete if it's the right one, next press F3 for next entry. Do this until you get to the end

chippy+ 23:16 31 Jan 06

VoG
the first one i tried is shown but when i try to delete it says error cannot delete will i have to uninstall them in device manager first
Chippy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…