wlan signal problems

Giggsy252 21:03 20 Jun 05

Just bought a wireless DLiNK DSL- G604T modem router with USB adaptor. firstly the signal connection was fine, but all of a sudden, the signal strength is very low or none at all. Mostly disconnecting. This is despite the revciver and anteennna being next to each other.

any ideas on how to resolve this signal problem?

Regards

jhm 21:35 20 Jun 05

Have same router and it can drop out occasionally. Assume everything ok at first-if so then switch off router then on and it will reboot itself-usually does the trick

Giggsy252 22:24 20 Jun 05

tried this yet no luck, ive found one other wireless connection in the vicinity ,yet i get a strong connection to this unknown wireless (maybe someone close by) yet no connection to my router.

|Could it be a channel issue?

sorry im a complete beginner to WLAN

Regards

Taff36 11:38 21 Jun 05

Yes. Try changing the channel on your router to another one. Don`t forget to save your settings and then reboot the router. You will then have to scan and pick up your router. If you`re not sure how to do this with the D-Link - post back.

woodchip 11:48 21 Jun 05

Try the channel to 11 that's what it should for Wireless English but should work on another also

jhm 12:36 21 Jun 05

Could be channel interference problem-will have to reconnect the router with the lead into your NIC. Do like you did when first setting up, go to wireless setup and change channel, default is 6. Don't forget to go to Tools/connection settings/Restart AP and Save all to be on the safe side.

Son-in-law had same router and the modem part stopped working, when took back to PC World there were 2 others being returned at the same time for various faults!!!!!. Got mine eslewhere

Giggsy252 20:34 21 Jun 05

thnk for the posts, i moved the router/modem downstaris and it seems to be funning very stable now. DOnt know why moving it downstairs would make any difference but im not taking the risk of moving back up, just in case it starts being funny again..

Thnx

woodchip 21:52 21 Jun 05

It

doesn't like Heights :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…