WLAN Issue

baltimoeronvino 16:42 16 Sep 08

So I have a brand new HP laptop w/ vista windows. All of the network communications stuff is built in, but for some reason i cannot connect, or can my system find any open networks (I know my neighbor has one) and I feel like this is because my WLAN is somehow disabled.

Please bare w/ me that im not really PC savvy and this is a new computer for me.
I have tried to enable HP Wireless through the HP Wireless Assistant Program in many different ways, nearly every time being told I have to do 5 other things to enable it, none of which seem to work. I'm really on an island here.

It tells me to simply "click on the wireless button," of which there is none on the HP Wireless Assistant Window. And when I go to the help bar for Wireless Assistant it tells me to do the same thing, but conveinently without ever showing where the damn wireless button is.

Sorry for spewing or banter but could really use some help here.

ferdinent 18:03 16 Sep 08

Hi

Try this steps

click here

baltimoeronvino 19:40 16 Sep 08

The thing is, it keeps mentioning a switch on the PC itself to turn on or off the wireless assistant. I cannot find this switch ANYWHERE on my HP.

If it helps: it is an HP Pavilion dv5-1002nr

brundle 21:56 16 Sep 08

Top right of keyboard according to the "HP Pavilion dv5 Entertainment PC - Maintenance and Service Guide" you can download if you click here&

ferdinent 23:30 16 Sep 08

Hi,

it is a touch switch.shutdown the system and remove the battery and then start again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…