WJview Error

williamj 20:58 17 Nov 04

On starting Windows XP I get a message:
Title: WJview Error.
ERROR: Could not execute Main. The system cannot find the file specified.
When I search for the file WJview I get
WJVIEW.EXE - 029D67BA.pf, and if I try to open it I get message Windows cannot open this file.
Anyone any ideas what this file is associated with?

VoG II 21:50 17 Nov 04
  williamj 22:04 17 Nov 04

Thanks VoG,
On the startup list the wjview entry is associated with Ebates mon Maker.
Unfortunately I get a refusal to delete that program from the Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel. File missing is the message received.
I am reluctant to venture into the registry yet!
williamj

VoG II 22:25 17 Nov 04

click here but I understand your reluctance to go into the registry.

Try Ad-aware click here and Spybot click here and see if they will remove it. If not please post back and we can walk you through the registry fix.

williamj 09:35 18 Nov 04

Thanks again VoG for your continuing assistance.
Re Ad-aware and Spybot, it is only after downloading BT Yahoo's Anti-Spy and using it that I got into this pickle, so more of the same may only compound the problem.
The error does not effect any of my programs - as yet! However I will - LOOK - at the registry - not make any changes- and take it from there
williamj

Tenacious Green 10:13 18 Nov 04

Ebates money maker is a quite difficult to get rid of. I found that the Webroots Spysweeper did the trick. Full version free trial

click here

or Giant Antispyware. Free trail

click here

They will help get rid of the part which stops you removing the program. Once used it should remove. If not also try a registry cleaner like

click here

This may help. Make sure that you also delete and remove all E-bates program files to help prevent return. Good luck. I hope this helps.

williamj 15:08 22 Feb 05

To VoG,
I have finally plucked up courage to Remove:
wjview /cp:p C:program Files| Ebates from my registry.
Sorry to be so long in making up my mind.
Thanks williamj

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…