Wizard installing hardware not there

Mike Mills 20:43 07 May 04

I have just had to reinstall XP home and I have inadvertantly download some incorrect drivers. I am now presented with the "add new hardware wizard" every time I log on, for hardware that I do not have!!

Please can anybody help me to get rid of this pop up wizard?

Many thanks

Totally-braindead 20:47 07 May 04

Have you tried correcting the incorrect drivers by clicking update driver or what happens if you delete the incorrrect item, that should give you the opportunity to install the correct driver for your hardware once you restart

Mike Mills 20:53 07 May 04

the drivers I downloaded are incorrect nvidia drivers for devices that I do not have ( I know complete muppetry!) I have tried deleting the devices in 'device manager' but they keep re-appearing after a re-boot!

Mikè 21:05 07 May 04

A workround would be to disable them and not uninstall.

woodchip 21:12 07 May 04

If you look in Start\Run MSCONFIG start tab you will more than likely find a box ticked for it remove the tick

Mike Mills 21:18 07 May 04

The "disable" suggestion has stopped the plethora of pop ups that I was experiencing - thanks - I will deal with the yellow exclamations in device manager another time.

Thank you all for your assistance

(Stay tuned for my next postings, I have just found I have the sasser virus and my DVD player has no software to enable it to play anything! at least I have something to do on this rainy weekend!!!LOL)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…