wit's end!

biket 12:12 30 Nov 06

Just found this forum so 'hello!'
My problem is this - the pc at work wouldn't let me load the Supanet broadband disc, it keeps coming up with an error message saying it's already installed and I have to remove the old drivers. Thing is I've not installed any of it cos it won't let me! I've been through just about everything with people on the phone, we even had the physical modem removed which still registers as being on the system but won't let me do anything in the 'add or remove programmes' option. We were on AOL dial-up before and I can't get rid of all the AOL either as it denies me access. Somebody pleeeeeeease help!! :-)

stlucia 12:16 30 Nov 06

Have you got administrator rights on your work PC? Most IT departments don't permit the employees to add or remove software.

biket 14:19 30 Nov 06

No, it's just a tiny company & a normal PC...the guy who built it/bought it has disappeared off the face iof the earth so if he had admin passwords there's nothing I can do... I don't know if just getting a new hard drive would help?

James. 15:17 30 Nov 06

Reset Admin password

click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:07 30 Nov 06

Uninstall AOL click here

Using CCleaner click here
or RegscrubXP click here to clean the registry will probably solve your Supranet driver problem as well.

biket 20:21 07 Dec 06

Thanks, will try that!

woodchip 20:30 07 Dec 06

Copy the Disc to desktop, then start in safe mode Try uninstall of AOL from Add Remove, then try running the Copy Setup file on the Desktop

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced