Wish to upgrade to win XP

EMM61 18:26 14 Dec 04

hi,my pc is running win98 se at the moment and I wish to upgrade to win xp, I bought the CD
(win xp Upgrade only)and need help to install it,
please can you help ?

Gongoozler 18:33 14 Dec 04

Have a read through this guide to see if it answers your questions click here

Technotiger 18:51 14 Dec 04

Hi, if I am wrong, my apologies, and someone here would soon correct me - but, I think win xp Upgrade only is to upgrade old version of xp to later version of xp, and would not upgrade 98se to xp. Hope I am wrong. :-)

PSF 19:04 14 Dec 04

have a read of this click here

Technotiger 19:08 14 Dec 04

Hi, excellent - many thanks, never too old to learn.

freaky 19:11 14 Dec 04

I upgraded from Win-Me to XP, and are fairly certain you can also do it from Win98. When you start the upgrade there is a question "Do you want to run the compatibility test ?". It is important that you answer 'yes'. The result of the test will tell you what software/hardware on your computer which may have problems running in XP. It will also give suggestions on how to overcome problems.

The other thing is make sure you have plenty of spare capacity on your hard drive, XP requires a lot of room.

XP makes a backup of your existing system, so if you find it does not work, then you can undo the upgrade and revert to Win98.

Good luck !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…