Wish to get B/band ..But need help on a spec..

Hi sorry to trouble......I want to get into b/band as my area i live in has just got it up & running..When i rang for details the operator said that i needed at least " intel pentium 2 or above" i have intel celeron r ..... is my machine strong enough to take b/band?

thx in advance

andy

Strawballs 23:30 02 Jul 05

Which Celeron I was running NTL BB with a AMD K6 two 550meg no prob

its INTEL (R) CELERON (R) CPU 2.80GHz

hope this helps

joethebow 23:54 02 Jul 05

Your CPU is fine for broadband. Unfortunatly the people who answer the phones usualy don't have a clue and are very little help with such things.

Once you switch to Broadband you'll never want to go back to dial up.

Before you decide who to go with check here: click here

Tim1964 23:54 02 Jul 05

I would say a 2.8Ghz processor would do :D

I'm running 2Mbps BB on a 233Mhz PII with 224Mb ram.

Stuartli 00:27 03 Jul 05

A quite modest processor will cope with BB (I recently upgraded from a 550MHz Slot1 to a PentiumIII 1GB and all round surfing use is no different) - your CD rewriter probably transfers data quicker whilst burning a disk.

Tiscali's minimum specs, for instance, are:

# Pentium 200Mhz
# 32MB RAM
# Four-speed CD-ROM player
# Video card/display 800 x 600, 256 colours
# 150MB free on your computers hard drive
# Windows 98, 98SE, ME, 2000 Professional or XP. Macs are compatible with Broadband but are not supported by Tiscali.
# A USB port that can supply 500 ma (a rectangular port/plug approximately 12mm wide x 4mm high that allows you to plug in peripheral devices such as modems, printers, MP3 players, webcams etc.)

Obviously something with a bit more punch is better but not absolutely essential for general use.

cheers guys....i guess all i need to do is check out prices...they certainly seem more competative than when they 1st came out!! happy days.

andy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…