Wish to connect to internet instantly

prince midas 10:37 23 Mar 09

I have a Router which I use on a Laptop and also on a Desktop for Wireless connections.
The Laptop connects instantly no problems.
The Desktop requires me to use a shortcut which goes to Network settings which I click on to enable.
I also have a Belkin shortcut to my USB wireless Adaptor which I then have to click on and then the desktop connects to the internet.
Is there a way of not having to do this to save time when connecting to the internet.

howard64 12:01 23 Mar 09

one of your wireless devices obviously is not starting up when the pc does. You could look at reinstalling whichever it turns out to be. An ethernet connection would obviously be live as long as the router is on.

Clapton is God 12:13 23 Mar 09

"I also have a Belkin shortcut to my USB wireless Adaptor which I then have to click on and then the desktop connects to the internet"

Move that shortcut to C:/Documents and Settings/Your User Name/Start Menu/Programs/Startup

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…