Wise Update client and DVD drives not found

BAROLO 19:56 16 Sep 05

XP Windows Home installed. Had major crash. On restarting message says Wise Update client could not locate an application. Any ideas ?
Also the CD/DVD drives, D & E cannot be found by the system. In device manager both drives are shown with an exclamation mark in yellow circle with Code 41 error. Device drivers are ok.
System restore has no dates/information to restore to and Norton GoBack suspended all logging due to massive file activity.
Hence cannot load back up DVD discs and cannot restore system. Can anyone help to restore the drives so system recognises and what is Wise Update Client.

johnnyrocker 00:16 17 Sep 05

sounds serious to me but not experienced enough toadvise you but at least this will bump it for you.

johnny.

SANTOS7 00:29 17 Sep 05

What is WiseUpdateâ„¢

WiseUpdate ensures that your clients are always working with the latest version of your software. It installs a small client application along with your software and lets you specify settings for periodic updates over the Internet. This client application periodically gives the user the option to check for newer versions of your application. If the user concurs, the WiseUpdate client checks the Web location you specify. If new files are found, then WiseUpdate downloads and installs the file onto the desktop. No need to buy a separate program - WiseUpdate is included in Wise Installation System–Professional Edition
click here statement,
taken from link,not sure how much help its going to be to you, but the best piece of advice i can give you is get rid of GO-BACK it must be the most nafarious piece of software i have ever seen, plus you have it running with system restore which i am sure will cause software conflict

micktrish 08:25 17 Sep 05

Using XP Home Edition after a crash I have rebooted and now cannot copy any files to CD on my CD-RW,I get a message saying "E Drive inaccessable" and "Files/Folders write protected or in use by another program". Am I in serious trouble and how can I rectify the problem.

micktrish 08:27 17 Sep 05

please ignore above,was going to be a new posting

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac