wisdom.fftw what is it?

Dassy 18:49 30 Jan 06

I was browsing on the internet when I had finished I noticed the file named wisdom.fftw on my desktop!I've scanned it using trend micro's website virus scan and its not a virus according to it, can anyone help me and tell me what it is and do I have anything to worry about?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:55 30 Jan 06
  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:04 01 Feb 06

"FFTW implements a method to save plans to disk and restore them. In fact, what FFTW does is more general than just saving and loading plans. The mechanism is called wisdom."

You seem to have a program called wisdom on your PC which transfer files. Click on the "click here blue writing for an explanyion of the program.

If you do not kow what is is then delete it from your desktop. Also check in Settings - controlpanel - Add remove software. if it appears there then click on remove.

IT does not appear to be harmful to your PC.

Dassy 22:35 02 Feb 06

It just worried me because I dont have a program called wisdom!I've deleted once before and then a couple of days later it had appeared again!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:46 02 Feb 06

If it is reinstatting it self then it is inyour system restore files.

Switch off system restore (this will delete all restore points and any hiding nasties), delete the program reboot the PC and switch system restore back on again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…