wirlesss enabled??

drdeath 13:05 09 Mar 06

How do i find out what card i need to enable my laptop to be 'wirless enabled'? any help appreciated thank you.

rmcqua 13:20 09 Mar 06

What kind of laptop do you have?

drdeath 13:25 09 Mar 06

i have a packard bell versa e400 .. many thanks

rmcqua 13:38 09 Mar 06

I'm afraid that I can't find much information on this model, but I did find a reference to it being a "wireless Celeron" which suggests that it has a built in wireless card, in which case you shouldn't need anything else. Just check in control panel > system > hardware > device manager > network adapters, that your wireless network adapter is listed and is shown as "working correctly".

drdeath 13:57 09 Mar 06

Ok in device manager-network adapters- it lists 'SIS900 based pci fast ethernet adapter' ??

ade.h 14:01 09 Mar 06

That's an Ethernet adapter; not Wireless LAN, but wired LAN.

drdeath 14:01 09 Mar 06

what does this mean please??

ade.h 14:15 09 Mar 06

It means that the adapter in question is not for use with wireless networks.

LAN = Local Area Network.

rmcqua 15:30 09 Mar 06

OK, sounds like you do not have a wireless card, in which case you will need to obtain a PCMCIA wireless card to fit in your PCMCIA slot.
For instance:
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…