Wirless signal Repeater

rdh660 20 Oct 11

Hi, I want to install a wifi repeater to extend my wireless signal to parts of my property where it it is finding difficulty in reaching. I have a wirless N router which works well but we live in a four storey house and the signal is lost in some parts. I do not want to use the extenders which utilise the house mains wiring. I have looked online to 'learn' a little about this installation but cannot find the answer to one of my questions. Can I install the repeater so that the ssid etc is the same as my normal wifi signal or will the repeater transmit a wifi network of it's own and require me to log onto that network when I am in areas of the repeater signal ?.....hope that makes sense. What I want to do is use the wifi from my router/repeater as one network and have my laptop log on automatically no matter which units signal (router or repeater) it is using. I am not very good at these installations so I would appreciate any advice. regards Rob

BRYNIT 20 Oct 11

A quick search found this Click here it may be of help.

Roadgiant 20 Oct 11

I have a Netgear Universal WiFi Range Extender downstairs in my house which connects to a wireless router which is located upstairs,the downstairs one shows up as (name of my network)_EXT, depending on what room I am in sometimes I have to select which one I use (depending on where I am in the house) from the wireless symbol on the task bar, but I don't have to log in and out.

rdh660 20 Oct 11

Thanks for the quick responses. Has any body got any recommendations as to which repeater is 'best' My router is a Belkind ADSL wireless N model and to be honest works very well . Thanks again regards Rob

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message