Wirless network not connecting

s99Raj 21:44 22 Jan 06

I have a WiFi-g Onboard 3-in-1 Wirelss LAN Adapter connected to my motherboard (Asus A8V-E Deluxe) and have been through the manual to set up a laptop to access the Internet using a Linksys Wirless-G Notebook Adapter. A desktop icon tells me that I have
a connection at 54 Mbps and the laptop is telling me that the signal strength and quality is 100%. i have setup a WEP 64 bit Encryption which i have entered into the laptop. All seems well until I try to connect to the Internet.

I have Mozilla set to Tools/Options/Connection Settings set to "Auto Detect proxy settings for this network"

Any reasons why the laptop is not connecting please??!!??

woodchip 21:49 22 Jan 06

Stop Encryption first, you need to get connected first before you setup Encryption

Biotech 23:26 22 Jan 06

You have to set the encryption on the router, then when you try to connect you should get a pop up so you can enter your key. If you have the option use WPA instead of WEP.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…