Wirless Network Connection Problem

Dave911 16:49 19 May 05

I have just bought a Compaq Presario M2130EA laptop with a Intel Pentium M715A centrino processor (wireless) and am having problems connecting wirelesly to my router - a Netgear DG834G. I have hard wired the laptop to the router and configured it and it can see it and get access to the internet and if I turn off my Norton Internet security - can actually see my main computer!! (As an extra - how do I get round NIS so that it can be on yet allow my laptop access).
As I see it the problem appears to be with either the Wirless Network Connection which tells me that it is not connected or the router settings which completely baffle me!!
Ihave tried to repair the connection by right click and repair tool but it tells me that the 'Wireless Network is not available' and that I should see my system administrator - well I suppose if I look in the mirror then.......
I am somewhat at a loss and would liek to know if anyone had any ideas.
I have run every setup wizard I can including the wireless network wizard using a flash drive and the network wizard doing all it says but it still does not appear to work.
Hellllpppppppp!!!

Dave

Mr A! 12:22 27 May 05

see one computer then it is obviously a problem with the computer you can't see. Try removing the network devices and starting over again. Try this link click here for more information.

Dave911 16:56 27 May 05

Sorry Mr A - I went to Netgear in the end and I had to change the channel number from 11 to 6 on the router setup - that then fettled it and I am up and running.

Thanks for the advice anyway

dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…