wiring for ms tech lc-401 case

jaggybunnet 09:56 23 Jan 05

building new system using asus AV8 deluxe motherboard and MS-TECH LC-401 case which i am happy with BUT i live in Germany and the case manual is in german. i have tried to find the manual on line with no luck. the ASUS manual is fine and no problem but the case wiring seems to be different. has anybody out there used this case and could tell me where (if there is one ) the Power led cable is or if the case is not compatable. i am sorry if this is a bit vague but any help would be much appreciated.also any views on the above kit would help

Gongoozler 10:21 23 Jan 05

Hi jaggybunnet. Most cases are made in China, and you are unlikely to find wiring instructions anywhere.

If your case has the usual front panel components you will have power switch, reset switch, power led and drive led. In the absence of any instructions the first things to identify are the switches. You should be able to follow the wires from the switches to the connectors. If you can't, get yourself a cheap multimeter like this one click here, but you should be able to find one in a local electronics or diy shop. Both the switches work as momentary contact when you press the button. Once you have got these right, you can identify the LEDs by trial and error. If you get the connections reversed, you won't do any damage, the LEDs just won't illuminate.

Gongoozler 10:45 23 Jan 05

I forgot the case speaker. Your multimeter set to ohms, or a 1.5V battery will make the speaker click when connected to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…