Wirelwess connection not connecting

pj1664 14:00 06 Sep 05

Hi everyone, I have win xp home edition and I recently install a wireless router connection but my internet on my laptop recognises the router and acknowledges the signal but it's not connecting to the internet. Any ideas anyone? My main pc is connected via ethernet cable to the router and going on the net is no problem, it's only my laptop thats not connecting. Appreciate any feedback that you can give me. Thanks.

EIGERWAND 14:07 06 Sep 05

sorry to not be able to offer any help - but I have a similar problem.

my laptop will connect but then drops the connection after 10 minutes - it comes back again a couple of minutes later. I have looked at various settings on main computer and laptop but can't find anything.

any suggestions please?

flavas 15:01 06 Sep 05

try repairing the wireless connection. right click on the wireless connection and select repair.
Restart the laptop and see if there are any changes.

scotty 15:36 06 Sep 05

May be a Firewall problem. Try disabling Firewall temporarily to see if internet is accessible.

pj1664 13:23 07 Sep 05

Sorry, I have tried disabling the firewall and still no luck. Anyone has any more suggestions?

woodchip 13:51 07 Sep 05

Try this, in this order Turn off Router and the Computer that is connected by Ethernet wire also "do not have" your Laptop switched on. Switch Router on and allow all lights to come on, so they are all green. After it's full on Turn Desktop on, then try the Laptop

woodchip 13:53 07 Sep 05

PS Turn the Router of only with the Router off switch, if you just pull the plug while router is switched on, they seem to lose settings

pj1664 09:18 08 Sep 05

Thank you I will try that.

pj1664 11:39 08 Sep 05

Tried woodchips response but no luck appreciate more input on this topic. Thank you.

woodchip 11:51 08 Sep 05

Try connecting with Encryption Disabled

woodchip 11:54 08 Sep 05

Other than what Tolde you above, there is only SSID and Encryption that should stop you connecting, you also have the connect password same as router

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…