Wirelss access point >> Broadband?

Gran_T_Boy 16:35 21 May 04

Hey,

Well, what it is, is i have a wireless network already set up Throughout my house, 2 pc's with Wireless cards and the laptop, connected to an access point.

Well, what it is is after 3 years of waiting for boradband to enable my BT exchange it has finaly happened! So was hoping to jump right in, but was curious if i have what is required etc

Well, i was wondering if all i would need to do is have the ADSL modem by the telephone socket, and then the access point connecting to this

(click here)

With the access point transmitting the connection to the all the other pc's/laptop. Is this set up sufficient? or would i require to have a router from the telephone to the access point?

What i was hoping to do is as the computers are upstairs, have the access point etc set up by the telephone socket downstairs.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Summary: Is all that is required just the access point i have or do i need to purchase a router also?

Thanks,

Grant

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…