WIRELESSHELPPLEASE !!!

rupie 23:21 16 Aug 04

I am away from home for the next 3 weeks. I need to access my emails via a wireless lan, in the hotel I am staying in. My belkin card on my laptop is detecting the network but will not assign an IP address, and so internet explorer will not work at all. The network connects fine and shows good signal strength, other people sit next to me and log on in seconds. No program that accesses the web sees the wireless connection

Charence 00:26 17 Aug 04

if so, it'll be simple. Just open NETWORK CONNECTIONS and click SET UP A HOME OR SMALL OFFICE NETWORK. In NETWORK SETUP WIZARD, follow the instructions and when asked choose to MANUALLY SETUP CONFIGURATION (don't let Windows do it automatically).

If you don't have XP:
Go to NETWORK CONNECTIONS and on your WIRELESS NETWORK CONNECTION, right click > STATUS. Check that the SUBNET MASK and DEFAULT GATEWAY are correct.

If it is wrong right click > PROPERTIES. Select TCP/IP and click Properties. Make sure that SUBNET MASK is same as the Hotel Network and make sure DEFAULT GATEWAY is the IP Address of the device which connects to the internet on the network.

Charence

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…