Wireless and xp fire wall ?

pavel 23:20 10 Mar 05

I have a samsung p28 laptop running XP Home with the xp firewall in operation and have established a connection with my Belkin 11g Wireless access point to my Wired adsl router(which is wired into a soho network. My local area connections icon shows the connection is made but there is a little pad lock symbol so that when I try to hook up to the internet it says "unable to find site".(Google home page). So I turned off my xp firewall and all was well. PS I am using firefox as my browser
Question what do I need to tweak in the firewall settings to run the wireless link AND the firewall so that I can get into the internet.
Thank you
Pavel

JonnyTub 23:55 10 Mar 05

right click on your wireless adaptor (found under network connections in control panel) and select properties. On the new box that comes select the advanced tab, and then the windows firewall settings button. From the new box select the exceptions tab and make sure firefox is in the list, if it isn't, add it.

Failing that install sygate or zonealarm and disable windows firewall, it only stops nasties from getting in not out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…