Wireless working with one provider but not another

sandy12345 14:41 PM 13 Sep 11

Appologies if this is a repeat as last two disappeared- i think.

Bought a wireless network card sumview and installed it all ok, it works witha belkin router connected to talktalk no probs wirelessly. If i connect to a sky router downstairs it connects but then say that dns lookup failed. it appears to be a different ip address etc so am at a loss , help!

Woolwell 15:49 PM 13 Sep 11

Do you have talktalk and sky internet in the same house belonging to you?

Is it asking for the sky wireless password?

sandy12345 17:30 PM 13 Sep 11

yes,

i have a separate one for work which i am about to get rid of, but wanted to set it all up first with sky one, it did ask for the network key and then showed new ip address- then came the bit on dns failure!

sandy12345 17:30 PM 13 Sep 11

yes,

i have a separate one for work which i am about to get rid of, but wanted to set it all up first with sky one, it did ask for the network key and then showed new ip address- then came the bit on dns failure!

mgmcc 23:00 PM 13 Sep 11

Do you have two separate ADSL enabled phone lines - one with the Belkin router and TalkTalk and a second with Sky?

If not, I cannot see how you can connect to the internet via the two routers as both ISPs cannot be set up on a single phone line. You will still be able to connect wirelessly to either router but only one will have internet access.

sandy12345 09:31 AM 14 Sep 11

yes i do have two separate lines, solved the issue tho as the password had one letter which was in capitals and I had'nt noticed- must have when set up but not when on here, thanks anyway, sandy

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites