Wireless working with one provider but not another

sandy12345 14:41 PM 13 Sep 11

Appologies if this is a repeat as last two disappeared- i think.

Bought a wireless network card sumview and installed it all ok, it works witha belkin router connected to talktalk no probs wirelessly. If i connect to a sky router downstairs it connects but then say that dns lookup failed. it appears to be a different ip address etc so am at a loss , help!

Woolwell 15:49 PM 13 Sep 11

Do you have talktalk and sky internet in the same house belonging to you?

Is it asking for the sky wireless password?

sandy12345 17:30 PM 13 Sep 11

yes,

i have a separate one for work which i am about to get rid of, but wanted to set it all up first with sky one, it did ask for the network key and then showed new ip address- then came the bit on dns failure!

sandy12345 17:30 PM 13 Sep 11

yes,

i have a separate one for work which i am about to get rid of, but wanted to set it all up first with sky one, it did ask for the network key and then showed new ip address- then came the bit on dns failure!

mgmcc 23:00 PM 13 Sep 11

Do you have two separate ADSL enabled phone lines - one with the Belkin router and TalkTalk and a second with Sky?

If not, I cannot see how you can connect to the internet via the two routers as both ISPs cannot be set up on a single phone line. You will still be able to connect wirelessly to either router but only one will have internet access.

sandy12345 09:31 AM 14 Sep 11

yes i do have two separate lines, solved the issue tho as the password had one letter which was in capitals and I had'nt noticed- must have when set up but not when on here, thanks anyway, sandy

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 review: Hands on with the £239 OnePlus Two '2016 flagship killer'

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…