wireless woes

PhiltheFragger 22:35 18 Feb 04

Have an existing 2 computer cabled network using a Mentor 4 port ADSL router which works fine, sharing a broadband connection etc.IP set up is 192.168.8.1 to 5

System 1 is a XP system, System2 is win 98SE
both are reasonable spec.

I have a third puter in another part of the house which I want to add to the network using a wireless connection,this is also win 98se.

I have installed a wireless pci card into puter and have plugged a wireless access point into the router. Here is the problem.

Straight out of the box, the 3rd puter can use broadband no problem, but it cant see the rest of the network

at this point, the pci card is assigning IP addresses automatically . If you assign it a specific ip ie 192.168.8.5 Then it can see the whole of the network but cannot access the internet.

Also am unable to link to the Wireless Access point 192.168.1.100 to configure it although I can access the router control from wireless puter.

Any ideas out there chaps

PhiltheFragger 22:40 18 Feb 04

I forgot to mention, all firewalls have got all the possible IP ranges in them. Have also tried it without firewalls but lost my bottle.

PhiltheFragger 07:27 19 Feb 04

refresh

PhiltheFragger 18:48 19 Feb 04

Refresh again

Can anybody help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…