Wireless to wireless piggyback

ipeter 13:20 30 Nov 08

Hi I have a BT Home Hub a Belkin Wireless-g router and another Belkin WirelessN Router.

The Homehub is downstairs and the first Belkin router is hardwired to it, also downstairs. The second Belkin router is in the living room (upstairs) where I can connect to it wirelessly from the bedroom. Problem is i can only get local access. Does anyone know how I can configure a wireless router to connect to another wireless router (which acts as an Internet gateway) Wirelessly, without a cable. I know I can set up a wireless repeater but dont want to go out and buy one if it is possible to do it with my existing hardware.

I.E Can I extend my wireless range using 2 wireless routers that are not connected in any way by a cable?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:10 30 Nov 08

You can't do that with what you have.

Wireless routers and access points are normally made to talk to wireless clients, not other routers or access points.

You need a wireless bridge to extend the wireless capability. click here

However to network round the home and connect to your main router the Homeplug system is available click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…