Wireless > Wired Sharing

alexmallaburn 22:15 28 Jan 09

Riiiiight .... (reading glasses on !)

I have a wireless network already installed in my house some IT Guyyyz set it up

I have a few laptops n computers etc which are connected

In my room, i have my laptop (which basically sits on my desk as the battery went and killed itself :@) and a Normal (Desktop/Tower) PC

If it helps at all....
The laptop is Amilo Pro V2030
The computer is Emachines 370
Yeh they're both crap :D

Laptop has a hopeless internal wireless card which tbh needs binned, (it cant connect to my network coz the range is well em, crap)
So...... i have a usb adapter thing in that connects to my wireless network fine :D

My PC doesn't have wireless cards etc its got a normal pluggy in thing in the back !

I have two crossover cable but tbh they are the biggest pain in the a**e ever (i dont like setting ip things and ICS is literally b*llucks)

I want to share my HD from my pc to my laptop and dvd drive, cd drive floppy drive (basically everything) and vice versa

...... oh and i also want to be able to share the wireless network from the laptop to the pc and be able to use both at same time etc !

(also i dont understand routers i read somewhere its easier to use them instead of ICS, so can someone please draw me a little diagram in paint :D )

Tech Guy 23:27 28 Jan 09

Can't draw for toffee but i've uploaded a pic of a simple home network that would suit your needs.

The wireless router and cable/dsl modem are now usualy one unit.

You just need to choose between canle or adsl?

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5