Wireless to Wired Router

pobrien31 18:36 01 Jan 06

Afternoon All,

My Broadband connection is currently with Telewest. The broadband modem is connected to a Linksys BEFSR41 cable router. This was setup almost 2 years ago by myself, so once it was setup and working the knowledge of what I had done soon dwindled.

Well, it looks like I'll need to gen up again as I need to find out about wireless networks.

I have a PSP as well as a Nintendo DS both with wireless capability.

Can I connect a wireless router to my current setup in order to service the new consoles?

If so, what would the best kit to use. Also, a dummy guide would be useful if any can help.

If anyone can then it would be most appreciated.

Regards,

Patrick.

LastChip 19:15 01 Jan 06

You could use a wireless access point to connect to your wired network click here

mgmcc 21:57 01 Jan 06

As suggested, plugging a Wireless Access Point into one of your router's LAN ports will convert it into a "Wireless" router.

However, for some strange reason, stand-alone Wireless Access Points can often be more expensive than buying a replacement "Wireless Router" (which incorporates a Wireless Access Point!).

I use this Buffalo wireless router with Telewest - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…