Wireless and wired network problem Help

Nessie 22:50 13 Jan 06

I have never had any problems with my network with consists of a belkin adsl router with a pc connected to it with a cat cable, a laptop with a wireless connection and another pc with a belkin usb wireless connection. All was well untill recently. I have upgraded the firmware on the router and have installed zonealarm on each of the 3 computers. The networks have worked since these instalations but in the past 2 days the wireless pcs dont connect and have an x on the wireless icon on the task bar. The PC connected directly to the router can surf the web but when I try to "view workgroup computers" and hangs. Then on the screen comes"Server is not accessable. You might not have permission to use this network source. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permission. The list of servers for this workgroup is not currently avaiable. Any help would be great.

wots it all about 22:52 13 Jan 06

have you put the individual pc's IP addresses in the trusted zone of zone alarm?

Nessie 22:58 13 Jan 06

No as they are automatically produced

Nessie 23:02 13 Jan 06

even if i diable zonealarm they dont work

wots it all about 23:03 13 Jan 06

Well I had the same error message, and on doin some diggin, found I had to enter the INDIVIDUAL pc's own IP in the trusted zone, ie not the dynamic one for the internet, dont know if this helps. Am off to bed now, maybe someone will be able to help !

Nessie 23:31 13 Jan 06

I have sorted out the problem with the laptop and the pc with the usb connection. I can see the network on both those computers so I an just left with the directly wired pc. It is not zonealarm as the other 2 computers are running it

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…