wireless on windows xp

pete. 14:58 09 Aug 08

hi my next door neighbour has a laptop on windows xp all of a sudden its stopped working on wireless if you plug the rooter direct into the laptop it works, we rang virgin they talked us though it wireless worked but when i restarted the laptop it stopped working if you go into network connections it says wireless conection disconected but i cannot find how to re connect it.

Crash 15:07 09 Aug 08

Try right clicking on the wireless icon on the taskbar and click repair. What wireless card are they using?

pete. 15:09 09 Aug 08

tried clicking repair still same there laptop is a dell inspiron 1500

bebbo 15:11 09 Aug 08

check firewall.If your using zone alarm there has been problems recently with a windows update.

Crash 15:17 09 Aug 08

Did you try and update the driver or try it with another wireless connection? Does it pick up the wireless network but not connect to it?

pete. 15:20 09 Aug 08

hi it picks up wireless connection showing excellent signal but the bars next to the clock dont light up grean how do i update drivers in xp for the wireless conection.

kdt 15:23 09 Aug 08

get connection via windows instead of using card software?

Crash 15:24 09 Aug 08

Right click on my computer and click properties. Then click on hardware - device manager. Under network adapters there should be an intel wireless one (my guess it will be a intel 3945 ABG card) and post here what it is.

pete. 15:37 09 Aug 08

dell wireless 1390 wlan mini card

pete. 15:45 09 Aug 08

if i click on wireless network connections it comes up windows cannot configure this wireless connection if you have anabled another program to manage this wireless connection use that software.

pete. 17:35 09 Aug 08

i am nearly there it know says acquring network address then it stopped now says no network or limited connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…