Wireless "Web connection woes"

brainstorm 12:10 08 Mar 08

I thought this item (pg 114,PCA,May 2008) was the answer to my problems, but the solution did not work. I have a wireless lap top that accesses the web via a router (2 desk tops wire-connected, and a PS3 wireless-connected, no problems). Every time I try to connect the lap top I must manually connect to the web via the 'diagnose' and 'repair' process. This works every time, but is very annoying and laborious. Any ideas?

howard64 12:24 08 Mar 08

either your ssid password is wrong with the laptop or you perhaps do not have wireless turned on on the laptop.

brainstorm 12:41 08 Mar 08

Wireless switch on front of lap top is at 'on'- and as indicated all is fixed ok if I go through the laborious process. What's the ssid password and how do I fix it?

brainstorm 20:37 08 Apr 08

while awaiting an answer to how to fix the ssid password i did a bit of surfing and discovered it was not this, but a related matter. basically the answer is to switch the wireless switch off until needed then switch on only when the lap top is up and running and hey presto it connects. a stupid necessity if you ask me but aparently fairly normal with some lap tops.

hope this can help others. my thanks to howard64 for steering in the right direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017