Wireless (wanadoo) connection problems...

theresnogoodnamesleft 07:10 02 Jan 06

My problem has happened just as I got back to my Aberdeen flat today, it's an irritating problem with my Wanadoo wireless network in the flat.

Basically it was working fine before I left, no problems at all. I went home and had the laptop plugged into the broadband there via the cable (telewest, which was going twice as fast at half the price, grr, but anyway) and it the connection was great etc.

The problem became apparent as soon as I got back, I plugged the wifi transmitter thing back in when I got back, but for some reason the inventel/wanadoo program wouldn't connect to the internet, it's inventel program didn't recognise that there was even a wifi card attached.

I tried uninstalling then reinstalling (the inventel wireless network manager program) but that didn't work, and neither did using a different wifi card, but I found that I could connect my flatmates computer no problem to the internet, so I think somehow the settings have changed (?) making my computer no longer able to connect wirelessly. Currently I've got it plugged into the livebox thing with a cable and it's connected fine, but I have no idea of how to go about fixing the wireless connection. The comp is running on XPsp2 and all the specs are more than good enough.

Any ideas?

Taff™ 12:22 02 Jan 06

Might have been a better question for the Networking Forum but this post will bump you back to the top of the list anyway.

If I get the gist of this one you are able to connect by ethernet cable to a} Your home cable modem and b) the Wannadoo Livebox. What happens if you go into Network Connections from Control Panel and disable your Ethernet Port. (You can re-enable it anytime) Will the wireless connection work then?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…