//some 3rd party need geo

Wireless Wanadoo broadband

Hammersmith 11:23 02 Jun 05

I'm about to buy a new computer running XP (my current one runs 98SE and will give the old one to my son to run from his room. I wish to retain broadband access from both via my existing Wanadoo broadband (using a USB Speedtouch modem. I believe the Speedtouch modem restricts my options as to how this can be done so can anyone give me advice as to which is the best equipment to buy please? Wireless is preferred although I can take the floorboards up and run cable if I have to (much to my wife's disgust however!. I would aslo prefer not having to have both computers on at the same time to access the Internet.

Finally, will there be any problems sharing information between the two operating systems?

Many thanks

powerless 11:35 02 Jun 05

Know anything about routers?

Well take a look at this: click here

It has a built in modem, so you can get rid of the frog.

It has support for wired connections via LAN and it also supports wireless connections.

You would need a NIC in both PC's [you may already have one] to allow for a wired connection: click here

Or for wireless: click here

No problem about sharing.

Hammersmith 12:55 04 Jun 05

Thanks Powerless,

one thing though, what's an NIC?

Hammersmith 12:56 04 Jun 05

Thanks Powerless,

one thing though, what's an NIC?

powerless 14:43 04 Jun 05

Network Interface Card.

The bit that goes directly into your computer and what will connect it to the router via some cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…