//some 3rd party need geo

Wireless with Wanadoo

wigantic 13:48 21 Dec 05

This has probably been asked before so apologies beforehand!

I've got Wanadoo Broadband and have just bought a Dell notebook and want to get Wireless. With regards to the Sppedtouch modem thatc omes with Wanadoo, when I buy a router, if I buy a modem router can I dispense with the Speedtouch Modem or do I just buy a router and plug the Speedtouch into it??? Advice for the best to buy would also be appreciated!!!!

retep888 14:03 21 Dec 05

Just buy yourself a wireless adsl modem/router, and you won't need the speedtouch modem anymore.

Netgear, Belkin, D-Link, Linksys, are the ones you should consider, though all of them have mixed comments here.

I myself have a netgear dg834gt for months now without any problem at all, the choice is yours.

Any problem setting it up, come back here, someone wil give you a hand.

wigantic 14:08 21 Dec 05

Cheers! Been advised by some to go for Netgear and some for Belkin. I'll flip a coin!

Be back if I have any probs!

Woolwell 14:10 21 Dec 05

It is best to get a modem router which will replace the Speedtouch modem. To configure the modem router you will need to connect by wire (ethernet) so you should have a network card. Your Dell almost certainly has one. Just a word of warning be prepared for the wireless connection not to work first time. Be ready to call the modem router manufacturer's helpline.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…