Wireless USB adaptor

nilefish 15:30 13 May 09

Hi every one,
I have netgear wireless router WPN111, with wieless adaptor , I connected my PC direct to the router ,2 laptops wireles and PS3 with long cable and every thing is working fine , I do not know what to do with the wireless USB adaptor , it's seems 2 me it does no diffrent if I connect it to the PC or not be cause every thing works the same ..can someone please explain !!!

Thanks

FreeCell 18:02 13 May 09

nilefish

The USB adaptor I assume came with the router and it is useful if the PC you want to connect does not have an existing wireless card. Most laptops these days already have a wireless card installed so they don't need the adaptor, but desktops rarely have a wireless card and relay on connection to the router by ethernet cable. In this case you could use the adaptor for more flexibility in where you locate the PC relative to the router.

In your set up sounds like you have no need for the USB adaptor unless to replace your cable connection for PC. Keep it as a spare in case you need it in the future.

nilefish 19:39 13 May 09

Thanks much appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced