Wireless Tip

woodchip 14:36 PM 03 Aug 11
Answered

Try this just found it while looking in Task Manager.

If you are running Wireless and you can try it with wired connection, Start Task Manager. Look For Dot1XCfg.

if it's there and running, rename it to Dot1XCfg.exeold. then stop ir running in Task Manager.

Check to see if it speeds up you browser loading PCA pages

woodchip 14:42 PM 03 Aug 11

I cannot believe the difference doing the above and removing ZCfgSvc from MSCONIG as made to the browsing speed I am now getting

rdave13 14:53 PM 03 Aug 11

I don't have either of them.

Woolwell 15:12 PM 03 Aug 11

It's for wireless and from what I have read I am not sure about disabling it as it may provide additional security.

Woolwell 15:15 PM 03 Aug 11

If you do disable it then you use Windows Wireless Zero Configuration instead. I have in the past found this to provide a more stable wireless connection than using the software with a Belkin dongle.

rawprawn 16:08 PM 03 Aug 11

Not in my Task Manager

woodchip 18:32 PM 03 Aug 11
Answer

No it looks like its part of the Intel Pro Wireless Configuration for HP Laptop. though it was running Very Fast I had to reEnable it, for it to start Wireless up after being in Sleep Mode as it would not start without it

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED