Wireless stopped working

Leejp03 17:47 01 Aug 08

Help!
I have a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro V2030 laptop. Had it for about 2 years with no problems. Last week it was on but not being used when the screen changed to blue with 'HARDWARE FAILURE, CONTACT SUPPLIER' on the screen. I had to pull the battery out to restart. Since then the built in Broadcom wireless has not worked. I fitted another wireless card in but still no good!
Just says no wireless networks available.
Orange livebox working ok as can connect psp to internet.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

chub_tor 18:04 01 Aug 08

Have you checked in Device Manager to make sure that the new wireless card is working correctly. No yellow triangles or exclamation marks.

Is there a hardware or software switch you need to turn on so that the laptop's wireless signal is transmitting and receiving?

Those are my initial thoughts.

Leejp03 18:17 01 Aug 08

All showing as working ok in device manager. The new card i fitted is identical to the original, it came from another laptop the same model.
There is a wireless icon/light on the control panel and this is lit up, so is on. Cant see any other switch ? ?

sinbads 19:49 01 Aug 08

Is the card enabled in the device manager?

Leejp03 20:12 01 Aug 08

Card was enabled in device manager. Disabled it and tried to enable it again. While it was enabling the laptop froze and wouldn't do anything. Had to remove power and battery. tried again, same happened.
This is sounding a bit terminal to me ??

sinbads 20:18 01 Aug 08

have you tried to download the latest driver for the wireless card .If not download from your manfacturers site to desktop remove old driver and replace

Leejp03 20:42 01 Aug 08

uninstalled the current driver. Downloaded and ran new driver from broadcom website. Still not working !

sinbads 21:00 01 Aug 08

seems odd i take it there are no problems when connected by cable?

Could be a mother board fault check the card is properly fitted if no joy you could ... disable wireless card and use a usb dongle click here

I had a simular problem but the on board card just failed everything showed as working tried everything in the end purchased a dongle no probs

Leejp03 21:07 01 Aug 08

yeah everything else works as it should.
Connects to internet fine through cable as thats what im using now.
Thanks alot for your help. Gonna try the wireless dongle if i dont have any furthr joy.
Cheers sinbads

sinbads 21:09 01 Aug 08

Could be MB problem hope the dongle works let us know
Regards

woodchip 23:38 01 Aug 08

First you do not need to remove battery, just press and hold start button until PC shuts down. If you fit a Wireless USB you have to load the software for that card though it may look the same, there may have been changes plus if wireless you have to put the SSID and user in plus encryption key if its needed for it to work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5