Wireless Sony Blue-ray player

peterleemaxwell 19:01 PM 04 Nov 10

OK this subject is a bit on the technical side for me. I'm trying to connect my new bought Sony BDP- SW760 blue ray player to the internet wirelessly.
I've seen all the network systems nearby and seen mine. 100% signal. Can I for the life of me get it liked up. I don't know the Hex code for the Virgin Media cable modem. Any suggestions?

peterleemaxwell 10:57 AM 05 Nov 10

No help is it a hopeless case?

mark2 11:06 AM 05 Nov 10

is this the modem router ?

if so, unless it has been reset to manufacturers defaults the code is usually on the modem along with the login instructions

peterleemaxwell 11:26 AM 05 Nov 10

Mark2 all that is written on the NTL cable modem is NTL-Home 200 and this goes through a Belkin Wireless g router. The hex code was set for me.
presumably this stops people gaining access to the connection?

mark2 16:43 PM 05 Nov 10

the default ip address to log into your wireless router is

enter that number into your browser and it should enable you (once logged in) to view your wireless security settings, the default for many belkin routers is no password to log in.

peterleemaxwell 18:42 PM 05 Nov 10

Thanks Mark2. The pressure is really on now as I have just bought my wife a netbook today for Christmas and I need but have failed, to connect that to the wireless connection too. I give up. Thanks for your help.

peterleemaxwell 19:05 PM 05 Nov 10

I need to look good in front of my wife. Would anyone like to take me step by step to connect her new (today) netbook to the internet via cable modem and a wireless Belkin router? Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…