Wireless software install problem

adrian.d 21:15 08 Apr 05

I recently bought a couple of Ovislink WL 5460USB Wireless LAN Adapters and an Ovislink router/adsl modem. Alls well with the modem and the adapter installed on my laptop, but the desktop upstairs will not allow me to install the drivers for the other adapter. The hardware is detected but on going through the install process, it comes to a halt (hangs) without any error messages. Ovislink say that I will have to be installed on a computer which has had no other wireless network installed previously or format the drive. Surely there is a way round this one. Anybody got any ideas?

P.S: The pc involved has had a wireless network installed previously, but so had the laptop which is working ok.

Adrian

Charence 23:27 08 Apr 05

its best to install the drivers first, then inserting the hardware.

I'd suggest you remove the drivers you've just installed and the previously installed ones. Remove the Wifi card from the PC and boot PC. Install drivers for Wifi, shut down PC. Plug in Wifi card and boot PC. Then when it detects hardware it should be able to locate drivers itself. *fingers crossed*

Charence

adrian.d 22:19 14 Apr 05

Solved.. I removed the internal adsl modem and drivers. Installed no problem. Thanks for the help.

Adrian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…