Wireless sky digital to pc?

pj1664 17:37 20 May 07

Does anyone know of any device that will allow sky digital channels to be viewed on a pc without the use of wires ie perhaps a scart to usb? there are devices that allow channels to be watched on different tv in the house but is there one thats made for pcs. Maybe a device thats plug at the back of a sky box and another device plugs in the usb port and the signal is trasmitted wireless. Would appreciate if anyone can point me to the right direction. Thanks.

silverous 11:06 21 May 07

I would've thought you could use a standard "video sender" to beam the signal around. This will probably involve scart however then at your PC end you would have some kind of TV card and a scart-to-whatever-the-video-card can take lead connected to the video sender's receiver at the PC end.

See what I mean?

Dipso 17:12 21 May 07

Just be aware though that video senders and wireless routers work on the same frequency and there can be conflicts...as I found :(

pj1664 23:36 21 May 07

Thanks guys but it dosent seem that I am any wiser or any closer to resolving this....There must be something out there, we live in the 21st century almost anyting is possible nowdays or is it?

click here
you need a broadband connection i think

silverous 10:00 22 May 07

pj1664, I'm surprised that you have posted that you are not any the wiser after I've made a suggestion but you haven't referred to it not being suitable or queried it at all!

pj1664 15:57 23 May 07

Silverous, Thanks for the info but I could not find anything that would connect my tv card ie scart converted to usb, so really I could not go any further with your suggestion, sorry if you found that I made no reference to your suggestions but conclusion was made in my head, sorry. The sling however does seem like an option worth looking into. Thanks you guys for all your help and I think I waill close this topic now. Thanks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…