Wireless signal strength

Newuser1314 11:16 26 Mar 05

I have a house with thick walls, etc, and need to boost the strength/improve the receptivity of my laptop and desk top computers. I have a 3 Com wireless router, with standard 3 inch aerial rods. Any suggestions, please on how to boost the router's signal strength? Moving the router around is not the option I am looking for!

spikeychris 14:26 26 Mar 05

Thick walls are a big issue with wifi connectivity. I rig up networks in pubs etc and some of them have 4 feet thick walls that are a no-no. You say you cant move the router but if you were to place it in the loft it would help a hell of a lot. You could get an access point or a repeater or a Wireless Indoor Antenna click here but if your walls are too thick its pointless. That said have a read of Toms Wireless LAN Performance Improvement page. click here

Newuser1314 12:13 27 Mar 05

Many thanks. Interesting articles. I may have a problem, in that my 3Com router does not seem to have removable antennae - but I have not read all the material yet. Anyway, another tick up for PC Advisor and its readers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…