wireless setup help

shauny36 18:28 29 Oct 06

i used to have everything setup just right until tiscali decided to mess it up. so have just joined aol and recieved a free netgear wireless modem but i cant get connected on the other 2 computers upstaairs.
i was using a belkin wireless modem with 3 usb adaptors which worked fine but if i try to use the belkin again i cant connect upstairs.
what am i doing wrong.

cant remember if the belkin router was just working by itself, i think it was.

woodchip 18:34 29 Oct 06

Aol is going to make it hard, As I think it works different

Koochy 18:40 29 Oct 06

I am an existing customer with aol so i just bought the Netgear DG834g Router and set up the network myself with a lot of help from Ade.h and his website click here It was a little difficult but i got there in the end.

Koochy

rdave13 21:45 29 Oct 06

Set up the netgear using the AOL disk. Important, before you do this create a new screen name with +18 and master status.

Run the disk using the new screen name and password when asked. Name your network then put in your 13 character password for WEP security 128 bit encryption.
It will run a test to check router is properly set up. Note it is important to create a new screen name just for the router's use.
Configure your usb adapters to the info and make sure 128 bit encryption is selected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…